PA’s Medical Marijuana Program
PA's Medical Marijuana Program provides access to medical marijuana for patients with a serious medical condition through a safe and effective method of delivery that balances patient need for access to the latest treatments with patient care and safety. Dr. Tara Cuda is a Pennsylvania approved Medical Marijuana prescribing physician. Find out more about the PA requirements for patients to be part of the program.
Below is a list of approved "serious medical conditions":
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Anxiety disorders
- Cancer, including remission therapy
- Crohn's disease
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the central nervous system (brain-spinal cord) with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, and other associated neuropathies
- Dyskinetic and spastic movement disorders
- HIV / AIDS
- Huntington's disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Intractable seizures
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Opioid use disorder for which conventional therapeutic interventions are contraindicated or ineffective, or for which adjunctive therapy is indicated in combination with primary therapeutic interventions
- Parkinson's disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain
- Sickle cell anemia
- Terminal illness
- Tourette syndrome
There are 3 steps to becoming a PA Medical Marijuana patient . Our office can help you do all three.
Step 1- Create an online profile
Become registered by creating an online profile with the PA Department of Health here by using a computer and your valid PA state ID or drivers license - remember, the information has to be exactly as seen on your state license. Make sure to save your username and password. Don’t use your cell phone or tablet to register, but do make sure to have a working email (you’ll receive updates/info through email.)
Step 2 - Meet with a certified Physician
Have your certification appointment with a qualified Physician in the PA Department of Health Program. We are one of the practices available, here is a list of other Physicians (provided by the PA DOH). If you decide to choose another certifying practice, make sure they certify for at least a year and the appointment cost is around $200 for the year.
Step 3 - Buy your card
Pay the $50 for your physical card. Log back into your account with your PA DOH username and password and make your payment in your profile. You will only be able to pay the state fee after you have been certified by the physician.
Neither the Medical Marijuana products or the Medical Marijuana certification visit are covered by insurance at this time.